All of our jewellery is hand-crafted using high quality sterling silver and gold. All of our plated jewellery has a base of sterling silver.
GOLD PLATED CARE
Gold plated jewelry has a layer of gold over the sterling silver, so when it rubs away from natural wear and tear, the base silver metal will be revealed. To increase the longevity of your plating, please follow the below guide:
- Plated jewelry is delicate and requires special attention and care. When not worn, store your jewelry separately in a small sealable plastic bag then put it into the original velvet box or dustbag to avoid damage.
- Plated jewelry must never get wet. Most importantly, please remove plated rings when washing hands. Always remove plated jewelry when swimming, showering, performing sports, and when sleeping. Sweat, moisture, soaps and friction will cause the plating to rub away more quickly.
- When applying lotion or perfume, always wait until your skin is completely dry to put on your plated jewelry. Frequent wear of plated pieces will speed up the process of rubbing off, especially on rings and bracelets as they have more contact with hard surfaces when worn.
- Different levels of skin acidity will impact the longevity of the plated products.
- Pieces will need re-plating every now and then to maintain their original appearance. Plating tarnishing or wearing off is not a production fault, it is a natural part of wear and tear that comes naturally when worn. *Please see information below on our professional replating service.
- For all silver pieces, the key to maintaining shine is to keep wearing your piece as skin acidity naturally keeps the silver shiny.
- You can also purchase a silver cloth to shine up your piece.